When we refer to “Carbon Dating” or “we” or “us“, we’re referring to Carbon Dating (ABN 24 250 251 517).
Carbon Dating recognises the importance of your privacy, and that you have a right to control how your Personal Information is collected and used. We know that providing Personal Information is an act of trust and we take that seriously. Unless you directly give us consent to do otherwise, Carbon Dating will only collect and use your Personal Information as set out below.
What is Personal Information?
Personal Information is information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database), whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
How we collect Personal Information
The main ways we collect Personal Information about you are:
- when you create a project campaign page and information about you is posted on a Carbon Dating website, either by you or by a third party;
- when you make a Carbon Offsets Donation to a campaign on Carbon Dating;
- when you log into a Carbon Dating website or otherwise submit Personal Information to Carbon Dating;
- when you contact Carbon Dating Support;
- when you visit or use a Carbon Dating website, in which case our system automatically collects information relating to your visit to that website, such as your IP address.
(b) where possible, have that person provide us with their Personal Information directly.
What information do we collect?
When you create a campaign on Carbon Dating, the type of information that we collect from you may include the following: your name, phone number, location, address, e-mail address, organisation name, job position/title, bank account details, business registration number, social security number, IP address, or your cookies.
Third party consent
In addition, we may collect Personal Information when you have given your consent to another party who holds Personal Information about you to allow us access to that Personal Information.
For example, when you use Stripe.com to process credit and debit card payments, we may use the information that you provide Stripe.
Why we collect, use and disclose your Personal Information
Carbon Dating may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our website, and provide you with a service which you have requested;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise our website, business and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- for donor or campaigner research purposes to better understand customer behaviour patterns;
- provide you with a better service experience with content and advertising that is more relevant to your interests;
- to create an information database and associated content for use as part of Carbon Dating’s online fundraising platform for environmental projects;
- to protect the rights, property or personal safety of another Carbon Dating website user, any member of the public or Carbon Dating;
- in a change of control event when any of the assets and/or operations of Carbon Dating are being transferred to another party; or
- other purposes described above or otherwise permitted by this policy;
- it is required or permitted by law (including by relevant privacy laws);
If you do not provide requested information, Carbon Dating may not be able to provide you with access to or full use of sections of the Carbon Dating website.
Your information will be stored in our secure, firewalled database in Australia. As some of our service providers and subsidiaries are located outside of Australia, we may disclose personal information outside of Australia to them in the United Kingdom and United States. When you provide your personal information to us, you consent to the disclosure of your information within and outside of Australia and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that overseas recipients handle that personal information in compliance with Australian Privacy Law. We will, however, take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient will deal with such personal information in a way that is consistent with the Australian Privacy Principles.
For clarity, the below lists a number of service providers that we use which may process your Personal Information:
- in order to process payments and to transfer funds to environmental projects, we disclose your payment information to Stripe.com and/ or PayPal, who process payments globally;
- in order to provide tailored e-mail marketing, we use Mailchimp which uses Australian and US-based processing;
As a Supporter, when you make a donation to a project, you acknowledge and agree that when you agree to make a Donation, that Carbon Dating will disclose any information that you provide on the donation form to the environmental offsets project. This may include your: name, email address, address, perk choices, date and time of donation, perk choices, and any custom data collected in the donation form. This disclosure will occur regardless of whether you choose to remain anonymous on the project page.
While we encourage our carbon offsets project to follow relevant privacy principles, we are not responsible for how the environmental ventures use your Personal Information.
In order to give you the most worthwhile experience of the Website and its associated services as possible, Carbon Dating may use your Personal Information to send you information and product updates about the Website and its associated services. If you do not opt in for promotional and marketing emails, Carbon Dating will not send you advertising information not relating to the Website or its associated services.
We may also contact you at any e-mail or other address which we have collected or obtained in order to contact you about your profile or other Content such as reviews which you have posted on a Carbon Dating website.
If you opt in when making a Donation or when you sign up for updates on a Carbon Dating Project campaign page, or at a later date, we may also:
- provide you with other information about other products, services or social initiatives which you may be interested in;
- share your details with a Carbon Dating Venture to which you have made a Donation or indicated your interest in, so that they may contact you about the progress of the Carbon Dating Project and/or future campaigns; and/or
- send you details of other parties’ products and services, or permit other parties to send you information about products or services which may be of interest to you.
If you are receiving promotional or marketing information from Carbon Dating and do not wish to continue receiving this information, you may remove your name from our list by contacting the Carbon Dating at carbondatingapp @ gmail.com and asking to be removed from our mailing list or, in the case of emails, clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the message. Please allow up to 5 working days for this request to be processed.
If you are receiving promotional information from another party (including a Carbon Dating Venture) and do not wish to continue receiving this information, you should contact that other party to ask to be removed from their mailing list.
Access to the information we hold
You can request access to the Personal Information we hold about you by making a request to the Carbon Dating via carbondatingapp @ gmail.com we will provide you with access unless we are legally authorised not to do so.
Changing and deleting the information we have about you
If at any time you wish to change Personal Information that is inaccurate or out of date or to have your Personal Information deleted, please contact us by e-mailing our Carbon Dating via carbondatingapp @ gmail.com
We will take all reasonable steps to change or delete information in response to such a request. If there is a reason that we cannot make that change or deletion, we will inform you of that reason.
Storage and security of your Personal Information
Carbon Dating will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. You should note that the internet is not a secure method of transmitting information and, as such, we are not responsible for the security of any information sent or received over the internet.
Please note that Carbon Dating may use overseas facilities including but not limited to the US and Australia, to store, process or back up its information. As a result, we may transfer your Personal Information to our overseas facilities. However, this does not change our commitment to keep your information secure.
Third party websites
Carbon Dating at Carbon Dating via carbondatingapp @ gmail.com
We will consider and respond to all questions and complaints, and will respond within a reasonable time in writing.